Who should become an Individual Member?
Individual Membership is for charitable fundraisers and those involved in advising on charitable fundraising.
What does Individual Membership mean to you as a professional Fundraiser?
Individual Membership of Fundraising is considered a mark of excellence for the profession of fundraising. It displays your commitment to your professional development as well as demonstrating to your peers, current employer and future employers that you, as a fundraiser, operate to the highest standards in an ethical and principled manner.
Individual Membership also provides you with the personal and professional development opportunities, education and training, resources and support you need to maximise your potential.
Why become a member?
By becoming an Individual Member of Fundraising Ireland you are demonstrating that you are dedicated to enhancing the reputation of those engaged in fundraising in Ireland by:
- Committing to abide by both the Fundraising Ireland Code of Conduct and the International Statement of Ethical Principles in Fundraising.
- Promoting best practice among members.
- Raising awareness of the benefits this discipline brings to the sector and society in general.
Furthermore, you are ensuring that Ireland has a vigorous, professional and well networked national body to represent and support those engaged in fundraising within the not-for-profit sector in Ireland.
By becoming an Individual Member of Fundraising Ireland you will benefit from:
- Recognition and credibility as a professional fundraiser who operates to high standards in an ethical and principled manner.
- Discounted (30%) priority invitations to our nationwide networking and career development opportunities (including our annual conference) enabling you to share professional knowledge, best practice and business contacts.
- Being part of a wider fundraising community via Fundraising Ireland’s affiliation with the European Fundraising Association (EFA); the Institute of Fundraising (IoF) in the UK; the Association of Fundraising professionals (AFP) in the US and other international fundraising associations. This gives you access to beneficial membership rates to attend other fundraising conferences internationally.
- Access to Fundraising Ireland’s accredited fundraising training programme (non-members can not undertake the Certificate and Diploma courses).
- Access to a mentoring service so that you can learn from your peers and develop new skills.
- Updates on developments in fundraising. Through regular e-news bulletins and exclusive access to the members area of our resource-rich website, we provide a comprehensive guide to fundraising events and key industry news and data.
- Free information and advice on issues relating to charity and fundraising law.
- Eligibility for Irish Fundraising Awards and The Global Awards for Fundraising.
- Voting and nomination rights for the Fundraising Ireland board elections.
- A growing list of discounts/membership rates from partners of Fundraising Ireland, including printers, hotels and other suppliers of services relevant to the fundraising industry.
Associate Member (if you have less than three years’ experience in fundraising): €100
Full Member (if you have more than three years’ proven experience in fundraising): €120
Multiple Memberships for Fundraising Teams
To accommodate organisations with large fundraising teams, we offer the following discount on multiple individual memberships.
|Number of Memberships||Discount applicable|
|3 - 5||10%|
|6 - 9||12.5%|
|10 - 14||15%|
|15 - 20||20%|
Membership of Fundraising Ireland is an investment in both your own and your teams career development. With your support, our vision of ensuring that fundraising is recognised as a credible and respected profession and that fundraisers in Ireland are at the forefront of international best practice and standards, becomes closer to a reality.
Furthermore, your support enables us to deliver world-class training to the sector. This includes our certified fundraising education programme, which you must be a member of Fundraising Ireland to take part in.
Please contact our Business Development Manager, Ed Hurrell to discuss signing up your fundraising team:
T: 01 881 8888